Nov.21 - Bernie Ecclestone on Monday said he is working to keep F1 in Singapore.
Earlier, the F1 supremo had been quoted by a German magazine as revealing that because the city-state had reached its objections with the spectacular night race, it no longer wanted to be on the calendar.
But Ecclestone told the Straits Times: "Everybody is happy to be in Singapore and (we) don't want to lose Singapore."
As for the controversial quote with Auto Motor und Sport, the 86-year-old Briton said: "My words were taken in a funny way. What I said was simple -- no decision has been taken yet.
"Negotiations are ongoing and will be sorted out shortly -- before the end of the year, I'm sure. We want to extend long-term. We'll see what happens."
Book discounted tickets and reservate your hotel room in our F1 Tickets Shop.