Saturday is now the day, as popular F1 venue Montreal edges towards a longer future on the calendar.
It had been expected that officials would announce at noon on Friday that the fabled Circuit Gilles Villeneuve's place in grand prix racing has been secured for the next ten years.
But Marc Tougas, correspondent for The Canadian Press news agency, said a press conference involving the 'key stakeholders' has now been arranged for Saturday morning at the track.
"It obviously took 24 hours to finalise the details," said Tougas.
The report, appearing in the French language La Presse newspaper, said Montreal mayor Denis Coderre and local and federal government representatives will also be at the "major announcement regarding the grand prix of Canada".